Short post incoming because it's not worthy of a longer one, but more interesting than dropping a tweet.
I noticed that my laptop was still connecting to ad serving domains I'd blackholed in /etc/hosts when I was connected to my WireGuard VPN. Obviously this wasn't great as the point of blackholing them was to ensure my laptop couldn't connect.
Before I begun, my wg0.conf looked like this, with DNS provided by Cloudflare.
After a few tries with multiple DNS entries and separators, I found that to block domains effectively, I simply needed to add them to the DNS config line, separated by ;. This means that my DNS entry became as follows and those domains were sequestered in the darkness.
You might also like...
Pretty damn secure self hosted Bitwarden
Every year I spend an afternoon reading through my credit card statement to see whether I've accidentally forgotten to unsubscribe
7 min read
My first NFT with ENS and IPFS
Ok, so this isn't my first NFT
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token], but the current title hits a
7 min read
Running Ghost on Tor
Recently I've had the opportunity to play with some new and existing
technologies as a mechanism of both upskilling and
5 min read
Integrating Nginx and Keycloak without OpenResty
Extending on my previous post about creating a custom CA and using client
certificates through Cloudflare
[/post/client-certificates-custom-cas-and-cloudflare/], I wanted
3 min read
Client certificates, Let's Encrypt, custom CAs and Cloudflare
Over the last week, I've been building a new server for some friends and I to
host our own NextCloud