• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   2 months 2 weeks ago

Received Invite June 2010. Not having come down in the previous shower, new exactly what to expect. Dinner, so, so, left uncommited. Followed up, purchased a package. As my wife and I had long been uncomfortable sleepers, it turned out to be money well spent, Sleep problems disappeared. consider it one of our most successful buys. expensive, yes, but worth it. As life has
    taught You get what you pay for. I am now about add another item.

• Reply to: Making Nagios check OpenVPN   3 months 1 week ago

I had the same problem you did with monitoring OpenVPN, so I was happy to find your posting. While the example you gave worked fine from the command line, I couldn't get it to work within nagios, so I spent some time debugging it. I could find no documentation indicating that the check_udp plugin could send encoded values, so I invoked it on the command line with '-v', and saw that it really isn't sending what it seems. The dollar-signs seem to be being interpreted as an invocation of bash, and the string ultimately sent by check_udp is something like "8-bash1-bash0-bash..." I confirmed this by sending that very string without any dollar-sign encoding, and it worked. I of course don't know how you arrived at the string you're sending, but I guessing it was a miracle of good fortune.

• Reply to: Dealing with large filesizes in Drupal   5 months 4 weeks ago

Filesize was changed to bigint in 2013.

• Reply to: Using Toran Proxy to speed up Drupal builds   9 months 3 weeks ago

You're welcome!

• Reply to: Drupal   1 year 1 week ago
  • Reply to: Drupal   1 year 1 month ago

there a rss feed to view on this blog?

• Reply to: Migrating into multisite   1 year 4 months ago

"N.B. if these modules would benefit other sites on the multisite they should be added to sites/all"

This is one of my major gripes about multisites as it can make patching a real nightmare!

It's very little overhead to maintain separate contrib modules for each site even if there's some duplication, at least you can update/patch a specific site's modules without needing to consider the impact on *all* sites.

• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   1 year 7 months ago

It'd be the same command that you use to purge Varnish without Pound. All Pound does is terminate SSL and pass requests/responses to and from Varnish.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   1 year 7 months ago

We mistakenly purchased a gel top mattress a couple of years back and it was expensive... almost 4k... real back ache and toss and turn material!

We are purchasing a new bed soon as both my wife and myself are sleeping really badly.. in separate rooms to reduce the added agony of being woken up by stray arms and elbows resultant from unceasing tossing and turning...

I don't want to be a party pooper, but most of the comments re Wenatex are not good... Plus I don't have the time to spend at boring seminars... been there and done that on many occasions.

I just googled to see if this product was available any other way than via attending a seminar... apparently not... so I will skip the hype and wasted time and save myself the insult of high pressure sales and pass.

I work 7 days a week, value my sleep and love online shopping! I have had such good deals! I loathe going to department stores!

Yes... granted.. I am not your average model citizen that works 9 to 5 Monday to Friday... And I am not a pensioner (with all due respect to those who are) so can't be sucked in by a crappy free dinner...

Hey everyone! Come to our place for dinner!.. My wife and I cook much better than most crappy restaurants... (and can seat 10 at our dining table!) especially when it's fodder served up just to fulfill "The free meal" offer.

This has all been very informative reading and I give my respect to those who love the product but also understand and appreciate the grievances of those that have apparently been ripped off.

You ask how do I have time to add a comment to this blog? I had a staff member help me complete a few jobs so I had an afternoon off. Doesn't happen very often...

have a good day...and thanks for the entertainment.

• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   1 year 7 months ago

Hi,
    How do you PURGE Varnish via command line when Pound is installed?