• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   3 years 4 months ago

I have bed,sheets (they fit like a glove!) mattress & lastly the bed base & pillows.I do hope Wenatex has left us.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   3 years 4 months ago

I got one of those invites whent had the free dinner and stayed for the "Hard sell" and knowing what matteses cost as i was looking for a new one i got one. Best nights sleep i have ever had and i will have this mattres for the next 20 years with out a problem and at $4000 it was a good investment.if it gets dirty i can wash it and the donas are absoluty brilliant and light.best money I'v spent.

• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   3 years 5 months ago

I would like to find out an technically explanation for why keeping SSL module enable in Apache.

Well I set up correctly Pound in front of Varnish for dealing with SSL. In Apache I did the following changes:

- removed 443 from listen in ports.conf
    - commented all SSL statement in virtual host file and apache2.conf like SSLProtocol and SSLCipherSuite)

Everything works as expected with SSL protoco. Because Apache was absolved from any SSL tasks I wanted to disable SSL module. Once disable the whole configuration isn't working. I had to enable it again.

Why is need SSL module in Apache2 when Pound is dealing with SSL certificate and ciphers and passing a unsecure connection through Varnish to Apache?

• Reply to: Allowing anonymous comment deletion rights   3 years 6 months ago

A couple of additional things I'd add into a module would be the ability for the administrative user to allow/disallow the functionality on certain nodes/content types.
    Julia

• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   3 years 6 months ago

SSL is used to serve an encrypted message between the server and the browser. There is no requirement for a user to be logged in or authenticated.

We ensure that content delivered over SSL follows the same rules as content delivered as standard HTTP content; that is, that any logged in user bypasses cache so user specific content can't be stored.

There does however exist caching over SSL for logged in users. I can't imagine Facebook is 100% uncached, it's just done in a well engineered manner to not expose data to incorrect users.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   3 years 7 months ago

Had a friend who bought product ($6000)tried for refund weeks ago no contact.received a letter today from company stating wenatex in recievership

• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   3 years 7 months ago

Are you sure it's a good idea to cache SSL resources? There's a reason they normally are not cached. What if the cache serves up a sensitive, user-specific resource to another user - or even *all* users?

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   3 years 7 months ago

I have resend my two pillow covers under warranty for a exchange due to stitching coming apart that was 3 weeks ago and I have not heard anything tried to ring the phone numbers but they do not exist anymore what has happen to Wenatex in Australia and where are my pillow covers

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   3 years 7 months ago

I've been trying to contact them and all numbers have been disconnected. I think we've all been ripped off. I've been trying to get my refund back (after cancelling my lay-by) for over a month. When I did get through I was told that someone would get back to me. I'd wait 2 days and would call back. And around in circles we would go for 2 weeks. That's when I left my last msg and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. Its been 2wks now so I tried to call yesterday and found that all numbers have been disconnected.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   3 years 7 months ago

Is Wenatex still going in Australia?