• Reply to: PRD suck   3 years 11 months ago

This is pretty much the exact same thing happening to me, with Brightpartners - name change.

Not in a group just myself, all was good at final inspection, then agent says she found things when she went back in - which isn't allowed.

She also said she sent me an email informing me of this, which I never received and asked to be resent it twice, still didn't get it.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 2 weeks ago

I was talking to a friend a few minutes ago. She said that her next purchase would be a Wenatex mattress. She had tried one at a friend's & had the best night's sleep. She also had another friend who had one too & loved it. I am ready for a new bed so I am going to chase one up. I want an invite to lunch or dinner to see the demo.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 1 month ago

I bought the Wenatex system some time ago. After buying it I felt I had spent too much money but didn't use the cooling off period. I have some physical issues, mainly neck and shoulder pain due to a bad accident. After a time I went and bought the electric bed base also. I now love my bed with a passion. My dog used to get my second hand pillows but no more.

• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   4 years 1 month ago

Recent versions of HAProxy can terminate SSL for you. However, the most scalable solution is still to delegate SSL termination to a farm. Something like this:

- Layer 4 (raw TCP) load balancer distributes traffic to a farm of Apache/Nginx servers doing SSL termination
    - Farm servers all send traffic to Varnish
    - Optional: Varnish sends traffic to a layer 7 (HTTP) load balancer, so the backend application can be scaled too.

HAProxy can do both layer 4 and layer 7 load balancing.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 3 months ago

my mum went to one of these dinners a few years ago and i too was skeptical when she bought a bed for a large wad of cash...let me tell you though - that mattress is the best mattress ive slept one, takes away your aches and pains and you get a wonderful nights sleep. maybe wenetex just need to market in a better way to look less scammy!

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 3 months ago

I bought a bed fom them ca. 5 years ago and am extremely happy; it stopped arthritic aches and pains and even impressed my sceptic husband. Of course, always beware the hard sell and no, there is no free lunch, but that does not mean they are not genuinely terrific products. Just use common sense! And remember, nowadays the top beds and mattresses ALL cost an arm and a leg.....

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 3 months ago

I bought a wenetex mattress and pillow and dooner which I think are very nice the mattress is very comfortable the quilt is excellent on cold nights you don't have to be weighted down with a lot of blankets the pillows well I find they lose their content I like a semi flat pillow I had to add more inner Con tent.
    The price is a little stiff I may have been ripped off $6000 is a bit high only because I didn't get the base.
    Over all I like the product ..

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 3 months ago

well i have read all comments above thanks to all
    hey i see it this way ,,,,,,,,,,hey A FREE FEED . but its up to me only to buy there products on the night
    hey im looking forward to going its a night out for me hey enjoy the freebees when given to you
    the meal will be at the BAYSIDE INN STHELENS TAS
    i will give feed back soon
    hey a maybe converted ?????

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 3 months ago

Thank you for the information..I asked the lady what was the catch..she answered nothing you and 2 other friends can come for dinner free of charge and collect your gift after ..hahaha I loved reading your post!! Thanks :)

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 4 months ago

I received one of their invitations, and thought it looked a bit "Readers Digest", so checked out their website and did a gerneral search, which also found your blog. You have covered it really well. I agree it's not a scam so much as a particular style of marketing that is probably quite cost effective for them. I don't know whether they might be pushing any legal boundaries, but I suspect they are only pushing human resistance boundaries as far as their tactics are concerned. Their website is definitely a bit poor, and unless you go digging it can be hard to tell exactly what they do. I won't waste my four hours. I don't need a cheap meal or another knife sharpener. thanks for your excellent blog post! Peter