• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 4 months ago

I bought a Wenatex system close to ten years ago it is still doing the job it was bought for, people will spend copious amounts of money on cars new bits for their computers, smokes, alcohol and not worry or whinge but for your health or comfort so many people will not spend the money. I had to have a new pillow every 6-8 months because of neck damage and 10 years on Iam still using the same pillow, before the wenatex mattress I had an expensive mattress but hard trouble getting to sleep due to damage done to my body through work on a wenatex mattress I sleep with no pain.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

I received some mail from this company for a previous tenant. I decided to fax it to Wenatex so that they could save themselves a stamp in the future.

The fax number on the letter wasn't connected and after a bit of digging around I found a number in Queensland. If they can't be bothered to redirect their 1800 number when moving, what happens when you have a warranty problem, or even worse, an injury that needs them to respond to?

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

A free gift and word of mouth will beat any multi tens of thousands dollars advertising. Not sure if I should go or not. Definitely won't be buying a bed though

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

It says been in Europe for 50 years

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

Dear oh dear Wennatex has been aroundfor20 years and more in Europe but not in Australia. Harvey Norman would charge another 100 % on the cost ... than they cant sell them and yes a lot of people have heard of them and they do need demonstrating to explain the difference and the benefit .. your statement in not logical as harvey Norman sell lots of different good Wenatex specialize in Beds only. I have my bed for 10 years and
    its still like new I love it..... Mate give it a chance no hard sell just a demo Beds sell them selves...

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

Definitely not same company Wenate
    x is a European company around for 20 years before coming to Australia

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

I went to one of these seminars in Canberra 2 days ago. It is the third one I have attended in about 5 years. For the second one for some reason of a venue mix up, the presenter did not attend. So the hotel gave us all (about 5) the free meal anyway and would have charged it to Wenetex. So I had a nice evening meeting 4 people I don't know. In all 3 events the meal was nice. The description of the company and its history product was comprehensive (obviously I don't know how true it is) and just trying the lying on the bed it is very nice. I wish I had one. But so expensive. Is everything said true? Does it really matter if my current bed has bugs? There was nothing on the night that could be suggestive of hard sell. Of course there was the price list only at the end and substantial "discount" offered to commit on the day. But so many companies use that tactic. I don't know why. To me it means their normal price is overly inflated as why would anyone buy other than with the discount and free meal. That is a disincentive as there is no way I could decide on such an expensive item without time to think even if I could afford it.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

Oh yes being business minded ..... So wake up critics .... its with all things imported...income tax and tax on tax ... wages ... transport from Europe ( free dinners ) office space .....office equipment factory space cars... petrol .... super.... insurance .... invitations.. and so many many more overheads and all must be paid.....
    I could be the maker of the best products .. but if the sales people don't promote the product made....whether its a car... furniture ...beds.... electronic ...apple phones or food the whole world would be stuffed because its the sales people that keep the economy going.. You can make anything or invent anything .... but if you don't sell it ???? the whole world would collapse hence TV advertising ... seminars...... etc or an invitation to see the Best Bed. Yes my occupation was in Sales Retired now but I am the most important person in the world because i sell things and make the economy work. There my thoughts for the day...

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

I too received a Wenatex invitation to "no obligation" dinner - and I share all the thoughts/findings of the original article. I am still not sure I'll even bother with the free dinner, but I will certainly be coming away herbs
    free

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 5 months ago

I read your story with interest... And you are entitled to your thoughts and opinion. However may i say I totally disagree with you....... The research that goes on. for this product is the best..... the Wenatex Mattresses is Europe's best seller. I own several Wenatex Mattresses for 10 years ..they are like new no sagging also i can wash them they are anti allergy no dearer than Tampura and they have bad reports as well so its all personal taste... Yes sometimes we have to use dinners or what ever to get people to come along to see something new and this is done with a lot of new to market things. I am just about to update my bed to an electronic Wenatex Bed one so i can sit in bed and watch TV. In Germany Wenatex is well known and respected and you know German Technology has always been tops. Look at Miele products they invite you to cooking Demos and sell their expensive Products I have a Miele Washing machine for 30 years and never ever had it repaired. So you pay for what you get. Long live Wenatex because I love love love this very comfortable bed and donas ... their materials just don't wear out after washing it for ten years Like new ... I am not getting paid for this story as I have nothing to do with Wenatex just a very happy customer and so are all my friends.... and yes something could always be done better in presentation but they are doing great all over the world.