• Reply to: Why Pound is awesome in front of Varnish   4 years 9 months ago

This is interesting, I have been researching options for SSL termination in front of varnish to see if there's something more advantageous than nginx or HAproxy - thanks for the writeup!

I have been partial towards HAProxy for simplicity and load balancing advantages.

Would you see your solution with pound more for single-server-setups, or would you add it as another player in the stack, or go with something else for multi-node production deployments?

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 9 months ago

Without going into too much detail, my wife and I have been to numerous free dinners, and have slowly put our bed together, first we bought the pillows, then the doonas, then we have finally bought the mattress. this is how we fitted into our budget. each time our sleep became better.
    Now I have trouble getting out of bed because it is sooooo comfortable and I get a great nights sleep. Personally I think that the price is worth it considering the product, the health benefits that I personally feel, and the fact we wont have to replace it for many many years.
    Putting cost vs replacement (or life span), this is probably one of the cheapest expenses we will have. I can only say that if you are thinking about buying one, go to a seminar, get all the information, and a free dinner, DONT BUY ANYTHING, go home think, plan, budget, and then if it is affordable, go to another seminar, get another free dinner, then buy one without the pressure.
    Personally this has been one of the best purchases we have made.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 10 months ago

approximately every three months we receive an invitation to a wenatex event. After the first invitation we received a phone call as well - demanding to know if we were going and why not. After that phone call there was no way I was going to accept any invitation..... After reading this blog and the associated comments I have come to a conclusion.... I was right! I can get similar beds (really they sell beds...- until this blog I had no idea!) down the street at a similar price (special reduced price on the night... really!!) If that is the case - why can't they be honest and pay the rent like any other business and sell these really good beds and mattresses with people coming in to check them out! Do we really need a free meal to decide whether or not we want special beds..... me thinks not!!!

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 10 months ago

Wenatex Australia went into voluntary administration mid October2014

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 10 months ago

It may interest your readers to know that Wenatex Australia went into voluntary administration 17th October 2014.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 10 months ago

I enjoyed reading your article and found it to be informative and to the point. Thank you for not rambling on and on just to fill the page. laibhiyb

• Reply to: Migrating from multisite to singlesite.   4 years 10 months ago

This depends on how the files are inserted into the node bodies. A module like media will not require this although hard coded image URLs will need an alteration against the field_data_body table.

• Reply to: Migrating from multisite to singlesite.   4 years 10 months ago

I guess also the paths for embedded images inside nodes' body fields need also to be renamed using SQL to reflect the changes in the location of the "files" directory. Is that right? Thanks.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 10 months ago

Wow Im glad I didnt purchase anything now! I asked wether the quilts would deal with our minus 8 deg winters at our seminiar and the consultant was non commital which concerned me.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 10 months ago

I recently attended one of these seminars. The meal was very good but their was very little to drink which was annoying. Working with manchester I was interested in their products and generally they look of a high quality but they are way over priced( got to pay for the commision and meals somehow). How does $300 for a pillow sound?? The whole range actually looks like a great idea and if it was more realistically priced it probably would have bought some. They pushed hard for a sale at the end but I didnt feel intimidated which is a credit to them and the consultant.