• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 6 months ago

be warned, do not buy these products, the pillows sink under the weight of your head and you wake up constantly because nothing is under your head only the pillowcase, the filling is piled up high above and around your head and restricts your breathing, wenetex doesnt want to know because this problem isnt covered under their WARRANTY. and there quilts are not warm, my daughters need extra blankets now, whereas they didnt when they had quilts brought from BIG W etc, but WENETEX says have you got a window open ??? yeah right in the middle of a Orange winter, we get below zero here, contact me and I will give you more details happily, cheers david

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 7 months ago

My daughter and i recently attended a Wenatex Seminar which was only two and a half hours long (not the exagerated 4 hours stated above ) the presenter was very knowlegable and NO high pressure sales pitch, in face I found it very enlightening as did the other guests, we all interacted and no question seems to disturb the presenter, dinner was ok, nothing to rave about, but was supplied by the venue, $50 dollars worth of gifts were presented up front. But the bed - OMG it is so comfortable, I am a diabetic and suffered with terrible cramps during the night, all caused by my illness, i also used to find it difficult both getting to sleep and staying asleep due to pain in my back, but with all sincerity my Wenatex bed has changed my life, no more cramps, and sleep is blissful . My daughter suffered with Vertigo, shoulder injury following an accident, bursitis in her hip and headaches caused through snoring, she also purchased a bed at the seminar, the vertigo and headaches have gone and she can now sleep on her side without pain, she has more energy because she now sleeps 7 to 8 hours each night. Sure listen to the negatives, but also do yourself a favor, if you get an invite - go try it for yourself, then make up your mind. I love my bed, and i am so grateful that someone has taken the time to research our sleeping habits and done something about it. Thank you Wenatex.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 7 months ago

Anyone else notice this blog has been going for 2 years? It seems to have started with the author in Canberra and been to QLD, WA, NSW, you name it. I also noticed that mist of the great reviews came from a Daniel or Donna. If they're not employed by the company why have they been following this guys blog for 2 years? I lives in Germany for 3 years and speak fluent Deutsch, but yet have never heard of the brand while there. None of my German friends have heard of them either. If you spend $10,000 for a bed being sold at dinner you're a moron and deserve to lose your money. Go to a reputable business and buy a bed.. If someone gave you a sales pitch in your licql park and then asked for $10k would you give that to them also? Wake up people, these guys are predators only looking for a payday at your expense.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 7 months ago

We bought 2 of these beds, a single for my elderly father who loves his bed, and a king bed for ourselves, both with motors. My father uses his motor every day, we've used ours twice. While the bed is comfortable, it's not something we go 'wow' over especially considering the price. Because it was so expensive, I don't think we will ever change it. Hind site is a wonderful thing; we wish we'd put our money elsewhere...

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 7 months ago

They give you the gift's when you sit down for your meal. They ask you to fill in a gift voucher first. I guess this is to capture your info if you are a ring in. You could leave then I guess. But the meal was good. (Chicken Schnitzel, veg and chips with Gravy on the side) Had to buy a glass of wine, as they don't supply refreshments apart from tea/coffee and water. My "venue" was the Haven Motel in Glenelg SA. I had a good night, met some new people (The presenter introduced everyone to one-another), learned something about my posture, dust mite poo, silver thread, polar bear fur and that I should get a new mattress every five years, all pretty useful stuff. There was no hard sell that I could identify. A retired couple put their hands up for a new bed as far as I could tell, which occupied the presenter at the end which gave me the opportunity to adjourn to the bar with one of my new acquaintances. We both agreed that it was a worthwhile experience, but 6k for a new bed, mattress, doona and pillow was steep. (perhaps not, given I have today ordered a new bike for 5k, not sure I have my priorities right) And the voucher is useful. I used it to buy a puzzle for my nephew's birthday, including the postage.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 8 months ago

I was reading up on the wernicke family that run wenatex and noticed that Michael had another company amazing gift shop had a look couldn't figure out how they made money selling overpriced gifts online until I read your post saying they give out $30 discount vouchers at the seminars what a joke also read how he convinced the tax office to make wenatex gst exempt in 2011 because there beds have supposed health benefits see http://about.me/michaelwernicke

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 8 months ago

I speak a little about the $50 free gift in the blog describing my experience at an actual event over here.

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 8 months ago

just wondering what the $50 FREE Gift is ???
    is it worth the 3 or 4 hour wait?

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I was invited to a free dinner   4 years 8 months ago

they are still at it, 18/8/14 Dubbo new

• Reply to: Wenatex: How I went to a free dinner   4 years 8 months ago

We are going to a presentation tonight, we have a new bed already and sleep like logs, but it sounds like a great venue, a free meal is a free meal and it surely beats TV for entertainment. (Not that we watch TV of course.)